Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The sun always rises.

One of the amazing things about this time of year, particularly since I must be awake before the butt crack of dawn, is just that...I get to see the sunrise.  This morning's sunrise was breathtaking.  I wish I had my camera and time to walk around the fields taking pictures.  On my drive in to work this morning it looked absolutely peaceful.  Everything was still, wisps of fog still lingered, caressing the tops of the tall prairie grass, kissing the surface of the man made ponds...the blue sky turning to shades of pink and orange, beams of light bursting through transparent clouds casting light shadows across the sky.  Through the stillness, a sense that everything was alive, the energy thrumming to the heartbeat of the earth.  I wish I had the opportunity to stop and take pictures...But, I had to get to work and I had to settle for warm rays stretching across my desk turning my cubicle that shade of orange only the sun can provide.  

At least I got to sit and luxuriate in it for all of 5 minutes as it passed over me onto the floor of my boss's office.  I have a view out of the window of my boss's office but the natural peacefulness is painfully marred by the construction equipment and giant fields of dirt right up to the neighborhood down the street.  Although it may have its own sense of peace with the lone fog wrapped dozer sitting quietly in the middle of the field, nothing can compare to the awe inspiring views of an 'untouched' grass field. I say 'untouched' but really it was a man made field and pond for the nature preserve. It's still pretty though!

Now the fog has dissipated, the clouds moved on, and the sun a bright awesome yellow that hurts to look at...but the image lives on in my head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment