Thursday, September 9, 2010

i photoshop...

I heart Adobe Photoshop...  

Newest project for my lola's 80th birthday is a scrapbook.  To save on time and money and to avoid dog fur in the glue I have decided to digiscrap.  I think I will forever more digiscrap instead of paper scrapbook.  

What is digiscrap? It's short for 'digital scrapbooking'.  Basically, its the same thing as paper scrapping...only you create your layouts on your computer using software.  Since I'm not an avid scrapbooker, (yet) I'm content searching for the freebies online.  I've found several places that offer free kits and e-papers. At first I was like...e-papers? that makes no sense at all! But after sifting through hundreds of pages, I realized how silly I was and smacked myself on the forehead.  They are backgrounds of course... how could I be so dense? 


I've only accomplished 2 pages so far, and while it probably actually took me just as long to put together a page digitally as I would have with paper, it was only because I kept changing my mind on how the layout should look.  This picture is what I've done to one of the pages so far.  I'm already loving it.  I can foresee this turning into a hobby...

No comments:

Post a Comment