Friday, September 3, 2010

The things I Eat...Chapter 1

So, what does one do at home during the afternoon when the television set is broken and a serious case of the munchies emerges from the depths of the stomach? We cook of course.....
"Noncooks think it's silly to invest two hours' work in two minutes' enjoyment; but if cooking is evanescent, so is the ballet." ~ Julia Child
Sometimes, the mood just strikes me...though most times it's purely out of necessity.  This afternoon it was both. I'm no chef, or even a fantastic cook for that matter.   I hardly ever come up with my own recipes, continuously scanning the internet for other peoples ideas.  Most days I rather enjoy cooking...coming up with different meals, perfecting and experimenting with the ones that work. 

The husband purchased an ice cream maker attachment for my stand mixer.  It was my birthday present this year, although like he says, its "the gift that keeps on giving". I've made an assortment of ice cream and sorbet so far and fully intend to keep on making more.  In fact, today I made more...

I keep my ice cream maker attachment in the freezer for days like this when I get in the mood to make some of this delicious homemade  sweet treat.  Time to pull it out.

"Without ice cream, there would be darkness and chaos."  ~Don Kardong
Everyone should have ice cream from time to time.  Lactose intolerance be damned.  Don't let that stand in your way.  Fresh, creamy ice cream.  Is there anything better?

So I've made triple chocolate chocolate chip, mint chocolate chip, coffee chocolate chip (see a pattern?), raspberry sorbet, kiwi-strawberry sorbet, and raspberry-mint sorbet.  The booklet that came with the attachment has all of 3 ice cream recipes.  Vanilla, Chocolate chocolate chip, and Orange Creme?...  Here's where my endless online searching comes into play, ice cream recipes! Last night I found a recipe for Moose Tracks....who doesn't love vanilla ice cream with mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and fudge swirl?  

Laptop = Recipe :-)

Reese's!
Notice I also have Reese's Peanut Butter Chips and Chocolate chips as well.  I wasn't sure what I should use.  In the end, I used both.  I chopped up the Reese's...
Yum.... I may or may not have had a few bites prior to mixing them into the ice cream. I'll leave that up to your imagination.  

Vanilla is almost done
The final product....Moose Tracks!
Is it amazing you ask? Why, yes, yes it is! Time for me to chow down. Chapter 2 coming soon...Guacamole and Pork Chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment