Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Autumnal Equinox!

Happy 1st day of Fall! Hooray for the season of changing leaves, pumpkins, and Thanksgiving. Boo for shorter days, colder nights, and Halloween.  Which I only dislike because it seems just an excuse for some girls to be dressed like an unsuccessful prostitute distastefully, and its a "holiday" surrounded by horror...That and I really hate haunted houses.

Fall Equinox.  Tomorrow begins the lengthening of the dark hours until the longest night of the year on the Winter Solstice, December 21.   Here's a little clip I saw on Yahoo about it...


Well, summer quite literally went out with a bang this year...it hit about 90°F and then it thunderstormed.  I had to turn the A/C back on for a few hours because the house was at a sticky 80°.  But that's how the weather is around the Equinox times in spring and fall, and while today might only reach the mid 70's, tomorrow's forecast is predicting another 90° day. As the husband says, "welcome to the Midwest".  What I wish, but cannot count on based on the weekly forecast, is to have that random beautifully balmy day this coming Saturday.  Not only will I be outside, I will be in the city.  I could only hope for a nice day, free of rain for the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure.

This year is the first time I'm team captain and I'm a little unsure if I need to do more than get my team together and walk around.  It will be a learning experience, and one event I hope to be able to continue to participate in the coming years.  I've been blessed with numerous amounts of supporters and sponsors and my goal of $1000 raised (which, at the time I thought, is quite a high goal since I've never raised more than $200 before) is nearly met with 3 days left to go.  At this very moment I only have $49 left to raise, which I'm hoping to have met by race day.   If you're out there, and if anyone other than my husband is reading this...please show your support for me here.  And always remember...a little can go a long way.  God Bless.


Oh and while I'm at it....Happy Oktoberfest!!! (Even though it's nearly over)  I missed National Talk Like a Pirate Day...maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment