Thursday, September 2, 2010

Summer endings...

Since I am now officially one of 2 people in my department at work for the rest of the week, I am hereby switching to weekend mode. *click*  BSB party in my cube...initiated. 

Although the actual date of summer's end isn't for another couple weeks, most mark Labor day weekend as the unofficial official end of summer.  The kiddies go back to school, the sun isn't out as long, the white pants get put back into the deep recesses of the closet...  and all I can think is, "It's already September?! Where did the rest of the year go?"  Is it just me or is time moving faster? 

I now have about 4 months remaining to lose that extra 15 lbs I vowed to shed at the beginning of the year. Oops.  Well, there's still time. If my husband can lose 20 lbs in the middle of summer, I can lose 15 before Christmas, right? <insert cricket noises here> Unfortunately for me, I enjoy the activity of eating far too much. And with Halloween candy, Thanksgiving turkey, and Christmas hens in the line up...I'm pretty much done for. 

While setting this blog up, I also included a link to the Homeowners Chronicles blog and since have realized how little house decorating I've accomplished since we've moved in.  That was my goal for this summer and I have thoroughly failed on that one.  That is one of the blogs that I ran out of 'free space' to include more entries.  I was in the process of editing and compiling the various entries into an archived blog but alas, I have failed on that one too.  

Kona

So, I didn't accomplish what I set out to accomplish this summer but I did undertake the training of the new puppy, and I got another tattoo.  2 things I wanted to do for several years.  Maybe it takes me longer to achieve some of my goals but by golly I get there. Puppy training is so far going quite well.  I managed to teach "shake" in all of 1 evening.  I taught it so well now he wants to do it continuously, even when I'm sleeping...and on my face. I'm sure I  don't need tell you, a 50 lb dog stepping on your face while you're sleeping is hardly comfortable. But he's so cute!  

Summer has come and gone, and I believe I'm through enjoying the hot weather.  Even though we still have several weeks left of warm nights and even warmer days, now it's time to look towards the weather cooling down, the leaves changing colors, the 2 month long holiday season, and snow.  White, fluffy, cold snow...and the general assortment of terrifyingly thrilling, blood pressure increasing, ab and thigh burning winter activities.  Maybe it won't be that hard to lose 15 lbs after all....



No comments:

Post a Comment