Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Note to self...

...Don't stay up drinking with the neighbors until midnight on a school night.  Er, work night.  At least, not when I have to be awake by 5:30am.  Not good for staying awake through the rest of the day.  Good thing I like coffee now.

Still, it was a fantastic way to end the long weekend.  A long, laborious weekend.  So much for Labor Day weekend being 'labor' free.  We chopped down 4 trees in our yard, which we had been itching to do since we moved in to the house almost a year ago. And when I say "we" I mean my husband did the chopping while I stood around and took pictures of the mass destruction (I haven't uploaded the pictures yet, so I'll have to add that later). I helped move branches though...

The work is still not yet complete but at least we're making headway, and the front of the house is slowly becoming known to the world through the jungle that used to be the "arborist's dream".   What kind of person thinks an overgrown yard is even remotely attractive?  An actual arborist would probably be appalled at the bedraggled state of this yard considering it was so unkempt that things were starting to kill each other.

I finally went back to hot yoga on Saturday, after a 4 week hiatus.  They still remembered me, and I had to admit my failing to come to yoga for 4 weeks in a row.  Though, I have to believe they understand that most people in my position who only come to yoga once a week anyway, feel no shame in skipping multiple weeks.  It was fantastic, although I screwed up and fell asleep awkwardly on the couch the following morning with the puppy.  Now my back is all tight again.  Looks like I'll have to go again this weekend as well.  

The best part of the weekend is finding out I have lost 4 lbs since the beginning of August when I last weighed myself.  So maybe there is some hope still.  I have been assuming my family and friends have been going crazy when they tell me I lost weight and how good I look.  I still think they're crazy because 4 lbs is not noticeable by far since I've not lost any inches at all. My Lola even told me "You look good now, getting smaller.  Not fat anymore." It didn't faze me...old Filipino women are as blunt as they are dramatic.  But I did ask my Ninang..."I was fat?" as I'm taking pictures of the delicious smelling pancit she cooked.  "Oh you know what she means...I keep telling her she has to be careful who she says things like that to you know..."  Still, it's nice to hear they perceive that I'm losing weight. 

The next best part of the weekend is completely tiring out the puppy.  Hooray for a docile half asleep puppy for 2 days straight.  I'm sure after sleeping it off today while I'm at work, he'll be ready to go again tonight, but it was great while it lasted.  The key to a lazy hound is a combination of a large open field, a frisbee or some ball like retrievable object, and willing victims kids.  This morning he literally sat there on our bed sprawled across my husband, watching me get ready for work when usually he's in my face trying to get me to play/feed him. 


Overall a blessed weekend. Couldn't ask for more. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment