Monday, October 4, 2010

Random Observations..

Why does 60°F in the fall feel much colder than 60°F in the spring? It's the same temperature! While part of me would like to bask in the brisk mornings and I must admit my childish glee at seeing my breath in the cold air, the other part of me is aching for the warm summer back.  I miss having summer vacation.  No, I miss having vacations period.  I'm not talking about just the weekend getaway, though those are nice for a short break.  No, I'm talking about a week long travel to somewhere different vacation.  I long to explore...

The past 3 days I had to puppy sit my best friend's dog, Cooper.  He really is a sweet loving dog, but not trained much...or more specifically, not potty trained.  Didn't I just go through this already with my puppy? When do puppies outgrow the excitement potty accidents? Cooper needs firm consistent training, and I'm not sure he's getting it at home.  I almost feel bad for him, because he does have the potential to be a very good companion.  But the energy...oh the puppy energy he has.  It makes me so thankful for how behaved my puppy is.  My puppy isn't the most well behaved of course, but he is still just about 8 months old. I do tend to forget his isn't even a year old yet though because he is over 60 lbs now! Such a massive dog. He makes the old man look small, and I never thought Hunter was a small dog. Still, using 2 rolls of paper towels in 3 days seems like a waste.  I think I will not be so easily convinced next time to take care of him...at least not until hes properly potty trained.

So, its October now...and the cold weather is a reminder of the holiday season to come.  And yet, it's faux pas to listen to holiday music until after Thanksgiving.  Why is that? I love holiday music.  It's so cheery and reminds me of old times when we used to have large family parties.  Everyone would come and our house would be the loudest, most festive home on the block.  

Opera season has officially begun! I'm all culture-fied and swanky now.  Our seats are practically right down the middle on the first balcony.  Excellent viewing.  And since we bought a set, those are our seats for the entire season.  The couple next to us has opera glasses.  I have to say I got a little jealous...that would come in handy to see the performers a lot better. If I had those it would make the opera experience all the more complete.  But I suppose it's not necessary...I don't really need to see the faces of the performers. Friday was opening night, black tie recommended.  I did not show up in a ballgown, mostly because there's no way I'm walking around downtown in a ballgown, but I do have a formal skirt that I wore.  Always fun to play dress up! 

There's a good chance I may disappear for the next 2 weeks, as I need to work on the scrapbook for my lola's 80th birthday.  Hasta Luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment