Monday, October 11, 2010

Things to note...

1. Always bring antihistamine to South Carolina. This is something I tend to forget because of how infrequently we visit Columbia, but every time we go there the allergens and all round mustiness of the south combined with Grandpa Ray's home wreaks havoc on my sinuses.  I'm still suffering from a stuffy runny nose. 

One good thing we discovered during this trip was that Kona is a good traveler.  It didn't take him long to realize we were going to be driving for a while, and quickly settled down.  He wasn't obnoxious for most of the 14 hour drive to and from Columbia.  Actually, he was very well behaved for the most part.  Especially considering he was not crated for the whole trip. 

2. Find a job where I can get Columbus Day off.  What is the deal? Why do some people get this holiday off and I don't?  It is a federal holiday is it not? Maybe I'd just be fine working if everybody else had to work as well.  But if the banks aren't open, why should some people, read: me, have to work? 


3. Make sure to sleep in past 7 am sometimes.  Minus the 48 hr stretch where I sustained a level of semi-consciousness as I recovered from a viral attack on my body, it's been about 5 months since I've been able to sleep in past 6 or 7 am.  Even on the weekends.  Pre-Kona, I routinely slept in on Saturdays until 9 am or later.  I find myself scoffing at anyone who says they woke up early at 7 am, or anyone who says an 8 am start time during the week is early.  You bastards, try having to BE AT WORK by 7 am.  See how much of a difference that extra hour of sleep makes every day and then come talk to me.   Then, I talk to my boss who gets up before 7 am on his own on the weekends and still manages to go out with his buddies at night and I can't help but wonder how in the world he survives off so little sleep.  


4. Save more money.  I want another lens for my toy! Too bad the lenses I'm interested in are upwards of $700+.  What a disastrously expensive hobby.  But something I may need before I even can buy another lens is a camera bag...hint hint.  I probably should not just be haphazardly shoving the $500 camera into my purse alongside my makeup, wallet, and keys...


So many things to remember, so many things I want to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment