Friday, April 1, 2011

I'm gonna pull out his fingernails!

Just a bunch of randomness today.

1. Happy April Fools Day!  It must have been quite early in the morning for me, my friend whom I just had dinner with last night updated his 'relationship' status on facebook to..."In a relationship"...  I saw it and nearly spit out my morning tea.  For all of 3 seconds I went "who is this mysterious woman and why didn't he tell me last night?"  Almost instantaneously after that thought I said to myself, "self...weren't you about to post an April Fools joke?"  YES, yes I was.  And it all clicked into place.

2. I was once again left to my own devices at work being the sole person in the entire engineering department for very nearly the entire day yesterday.  For the brief moments I did have my bosses around, one so nicely left me with a permit application stating, "this needs to get out today".  My terror response kicked in knowing I would be unable to complete it before the end of the day, and by the end of the day found I needed his signature anyway so I felt mildly less guilty about not finishing.  This morning I was preparing to get into my zone, ignoring everything else, and punch it out, only to have said boss come in and say "we have to change the drawing!"  All of a sudden my Friday just got a gazillion times better.  Not that I have any less work, in fact I have more work now that I have to change the whole drawing again...but the guilt over not finishing yesterday was quickly hurling me into depressed oblivion.  What a relief to not have that stress anymore.

***EDIT:  Taking a 10 min hiatus...apparently even though I have to change the entire drawing set again, essentially creating a whole new different one, I have to try and get this out today.  I spoke too soon when I said I'm glad not to have that stress anymore... ::head explodes::***


3. I'm sitting at my desk this morning enjoying my tea, and I hear my boss in the corner rifling through papers on the drafting table muttering sweet nothings to himself.  Things like "I'm going to fucking kill him." and "I'm going to pull out his fingernails".  How romantic you are bossman.  Apparently he put the surveyor in charge of assembling copies of yet another permit application.  Nothing hard about punching holes and binding paper when you have an old binding machine right?  One was backwards and out of order, one was punched on the wrong side, and the third copy was punched too close to the edge so the pages were falling out.  I would be muttering those sweet nothings to myself as well as a few..."what...an...idiot..."

4. Shoe girl got a $5 gift certificate in her inbox today for DSW.  Birthday shoe shopping? Yes, please!!  Where did I put that $10 certificate???? Must. Find. Certificate.

No comments:

Post a Comment