Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It's goin' on facebook!!

There are days when you just have the greatest, fantastical conversations with friends that you know you want to immortalize forever into your memory.  However, at least for me, my ability to retain any long term memories is hampered due to my ever failing short term memory.  I blame facebook. And smart phones, and television, and google chat, and...the internet.  Basically the ever growing use and dependency on technology has caused my brain to short, resulting in a complete lack of focus and attention deficiency.  People my age and younger may claim from time to time that we are excellent multi-taskers.  I have found that to be entirely...well, wrong.  I can switch from task to task, and in fact I often prefer it, getting bored easily of monotonous tasks that only access a certain portion of my brain at a time. 

That said, the best way for me to forever memorialize any event, conversation, moment is to record it to be read and reviewed at a later time.  If I'm at the computer, this of course is a simple task, often by referencing an inside joke on a friends' facebook wall.  However, I'm not always at a computer, conversations are not always via text or gchat, or facebook... So I tend to forget.  I forget a lot.  So much that sometimes I think there may be a good possibility of memory problems when I get much much older. 

My solution lately has been...It's goin on facebook! Therefore, when someone says something wildly hilarious, once I'm done rolling in laughter, holding my sides trying to inhale live saving oxygen, I try to make an effort to remember it.  Sometimes, its by taking out my iphone and leaving a "WILD BIRD!!" message on one of my closest friends wall.  And now I think about it, and smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment