Tuesday, April 19, 2011

...I'm a beast, I'm an animal...

Mission: To lose poundage. (and to beat a friend in a weight losing contest...you're going down Boelter)
Plan of action:  Work out at lunch every other day or so and/or work out at home.  Plus, eating less too. 
Starting weight: 166 lbs. I hadn't weighed myself since January and it was a nice surprise last week to find that I'd already lost almost 10 lbs since the holiday binge.  Not by working out, but rather by eating better.  Works for me. 
Goal weight: 155 lbs or less.

Advantage: I get to lose 5 lbs less than my friend.
Disadvantage: He's a dude. It's so easy for guys to lose weight and so not easy for me.  Hubby lost 20 lbs last year easy.  I gained 5. But that's because of disadvantage #2.  I live to eat.  (We're going for cheesecake at the mall later...)

I picked up weights yesterday...I'm not going to say the size because it's rather embarrassing.  Ok, fine, they were 3 lb weights.  Way to make me feel weak.  These flabby arms can't even pop the ice cube tray.  Not surprisingly, my arms are kind of sore.  But I'll never admit it out loud because then I'd have to admit out loud how I used the lightest free weights in the gym.  Wow. I'm so weak.

The funny thing is, I don't really care about losing weight.  In the long run though, it'll be to my advantage to get in some kind of shape.  Especially considering just yesterday I signed up for a charity event, Bike MS: Tour de Farms. It's a 2 day bike ride through farmlands in IL at the end of June to raise money for MS.  Day one I chose to do the shortest distance, 35 miles.  Considering the longest I'd ever ridden a bike previously in my entire life is probably about 5-6 miles, I need to start training like last year.  Day 2 will be worse since Steph decided we should go for 50 miles.  I am so dead, but we'll give it a shot.  Plus it'll get me to actually have to work out/train.  Step One: Get a Bike.  The husband, who is a biker (roadcross bike not motorcycle), already has an idea of what bike I should get. 

I have 2 months to get in shape.  Perhaps it is time to bust out Insanity, since it seems an insane and daunting task to whip me into the kind of shape I need to be in for a 50 mile bike ride.  Maybe I am insane...already know I'm an idiot for signing up for this.

PS. If you're reading this, I'd much appreciate any donations for the Bike MS event.  **CLICK HERE** for my fundraising page. Help support me and motivate me to train for this event!  Thanks and much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment