Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mom Mode: On

When you're pregnant for the first time, and maybe for some every time you get pregnant...a common fear most women have, the most flagrant question hovering at the corners of your mind is "will I be a good mother?" Well, so far...that's been the case for me.  The thing is though, I've already had brief glimpses of my own motherly prowess and honestly I think I'll be ok. 

Example...yesterday morning not surprisingly our exchange student, Maxime, was awake extremely early.  As I get up super early in the morning to go to work, a teenager up at that time is usually a rare occurrence.  But as he was probably still jet lagged, 6am here is like 1pm in France.  So, I got him to come eat breakfast.  I don't even eat breakfast at home so to prepare breakfast, even though it was just cereal, that's totally new for me.  But at the same time I didn't feel weird about it.  It was like natural.  Then I proceeded to tell the kid to go back to sleep after he ate because I knew his day was going to be extremely long and I was worried he'd get too tired.  Then later on my drive into work I was thinking about the weather and very nearly called the hubby to make sure Maxime was dressed properly.  I stopped myself of course, mildly surprised at my own strange motherly thoughts.  Where the heck did that come from?!

Apparently the mom switch has been turned on.

No comments:

Post a Comment