Tuesday, July 12, 2011

and then rewind


you're 2 steps ahead while i'm 5 steps behind
i play it all again and then hit rewind
i know where i should be
i know what people want to see
you're leading the way and givin me space
all i want to do is freeze in this time and place
the fear keeps me from moving ahead
yet i know i shouldn't just be spoon fed
i'm just oh so weak
to stand on my own two feet
how do i find the strength to do what i must
to give my heart and learn to trust
i'm lost and wandering
parched in this desert wondering
how do i step out of my own skin
and find the strength from within
theres a light inside that wants to shine
i want to claim it and make it mine
but i'm frozen in place
fear so plainly on my face
oh why can't you see
just how much it hurts me
when you're 2 steps ahead and i'm 5 steps behind
and still i play it all again and then hit rewind

No comments:

Post a Comment