Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The French Connection

Our French child arrives this afternoon.  I'm excited but I'm also nervous. I'm 27...what do I know about taking care of a teenager?!  Thankfully I'm sure the next 3 weeks will fly by.  Who knows, by the end of this month I may learn a thing or two.  I'm sure I'll learn some French...oui?

Went to the grocery store yesterday to buy snacks for the kid.  Though I'm pretty sure it was merely an excuse to buy ourselves the childhood snacks we'd been denying ourselves.  The sugary prepackaged likes of fruit snacks, jello, s'mores 'granola' bars, goldfish...etc.  In reality, we'll probably be the ones eating all of these snacks ourselves.  I can't complain.  I've been snacking on most nearly anything and everything I can get my hands on.  Especially anything sweet or fruity.  This baby's gonna have a mad sweet tooth.  Just like mom...and grandma...and great grandma...and so on.

Speaking of food, you have to wonder which of our American foods dubbed "french" are actually influenced by french food.  French fries...definitely not.  French toast? I'd go with not on that one too.  French bread? I could go on, however I won't.

Well this should definitely be an experience.  I'll update with more later when we meet the kid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment