Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Angry Zombie needs some serenity.

Monday:
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference. 
If I were interested in tattooing an entire paragraph of words on my body it would be this excerpt of the serenity prayer.  Nothing says it better than that.  

Must not have slept well last night because even though I went to bed at the normal time and woke up at the normal time I still found myself falling asleep on the drive into work.  And I look like a zombie.  My aunt stole my soothing eye gel that I use when my eyes are tired and I haven't replaced it yet.  

I wasn't even an angry zombie until about 9am.   

Tuesday:
I didn't even realize I never finished this blog post yesterday.  Well, as far as the angry zombie version of me goes, talking to some friends about random nonsense things brightened my mood for the rest of the day.  Today however, the angry zombie is threatening to return.  If talking nonsense subdues the angry zombie I believe I need to start thinking nonsense.  Then maybe the gibberish of my thoughts could distract me from the depressing quarter-life crisis type of thoughts that have been consuming my recent days.

IN other news...I had the opportunity to feed my friends baby on Saturday and now I'm in trouble.  Baby fever ahoy.  The idea still scares the shit out of me, but I'm pretty sure if it didn't, there'd be something seriously wrong with me.  I was at the mall and walked by an adorable little asian boy who so cutely stared up at me and smiled.  Save me, I'm surrounded!  

I'm drained mentally.  I'm in desperate need of a hot beach vacation where I can just sleep and lay out on the hot sand and work on my tan.  Please please please...

No comments:

Post a Comment