Monday, January 24, 2011

I do exist somewhere in this world!

Thanks to GoofyGirl @ there is grandeur in this view of life, for sending this award.


You know, every once in a while I go to the itty bitty tab up top that says Stats and come to find I've only gotten 1-2 people who've come to visit me in my little corner of the world.  One of whom is probably my husband, thank you dear, I love you too.  So, it's a complete surprise to find someone else who appreciates some of my inner ramblings.  So, I might as well attempt to follow the 'rules' upon which accepting this award requires. 

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award...  (check. I can't explain how glad I am to have randomly stumbled upon GoofyGirl's blog but hooray for me!)

2. Share 7 things about yourself...

Um...erm...hmm...
uno. When put on the spot, my mind usually goes blank.  No matter how witty I may be online, in person I'm as bland as can be.  No funny retorts from this brain within the seconds needed to make up some snarky retort.

dos. I don't like talking on phones in front of people.  I hate talking on phones at work in front of people. Don't ask me why...I don't even know. Even if I have to call a contractor for work I'd much rather not have people around me when I do. If you want to talk to me, message me or email me. That's just how I roll.

tres. In person, I may not say a lot of things but my internal commentary is running its mouth off.  Which kind of contradicts my first point...but if you knew me, you'd get it. I just think a lot.

quatro. I don't do "diets". Not now, not ever. I will however attempt to manage my diet.  You will rarely catch me eating anything claiming to be "low fat" or "diet".  If I do, its because I'm either already used to it (low fat milk), it just tastes better than regular, or I'm starving and there's not much else to eat.  I do eat Healthy Choice (and other 'diet') meals but its because they taste decent and are easy to bring for lunch at work that aren't slobbered in some kind of preservative gravy.

cinco. I hate celery. I only have bumped into 2 other people that have told me they also hate celery. I've tried to like celery...every few years I'll try to eat it for a snack, and in the multiple fashions it comes in, and just shake my head because I still don't like it.  Don't try and convince me that celery has no flavor because that's a lie. If it truly had no flavor, I would like it.

seis.  I get bored of my "look" and change my hairstyle, hair color, eye color (hello contacts), nail color, wardrobe, etc. about once a year.  Mostly in the last 3-4 years it's just been the hair.  (work in an office has kind of limited my wardrobe changes)  I've permed my hair, dyed it black, cut it short, cut bangs into the layers, dyed it 'sangria'...of course, again I've been limited but I still try.

siete. I miss having summer vacation. Or rather, I miss having time off to go travel.  I miss having someone else pay for my addiction to seeing new places around the world.  Boo to getting older and having to work forever to get enough money and time off to do anything.  Unfortunately now instead of being able to join my parents on their trips, I just get to live vicariously through their pictures and stories.  One day, dang it, I will be able to do all of that...one day.


...Rule #3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers. Ok, this is the part where I only attempt to follow the rules.  Since I haven't been discovering any bloggers of note, nor follow many that I read just for the hell of it, I'm going to have to be a party pooper and stop this train right here.  Maybe one day, I'll have found a number of blogs I enjoy enough to mention here, but for now I'll refrain.  I've just come to realize I 'get' something from most of the blogs I follow and don't always read it for the entertainment.

...Rule #4.  Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.  Well, I can't contact them since I've not named any can I?  Feel free to hate me for it. :-P 

Thanks again GoofyGirl for the award! I certainly don't feel like I deserve it...especially since I'm slacking off on the rules here. 

2 comments:

  1. No worries, I dig your blog, I like your writing style, and I am always entertained by what you write. It's ok if you don't pass it along to 15 other bloggers... though, just keep in mind, it doesn't necessarily have to be done right away. A year from now you might stumble across a blog you want to give kudos to, here's your way! I didn't see anything in the "rules" that said it had to be "in the next 24 hours or else!" So, there ya go. :)

    ReplyDelete