Thursday, January 13, 2011

Freezing...again.

I guess one of the recurring themes I have is to point out how cold it is at work.  And to complain that the men in the office like to keep it that way.  It's rather odd considering we keep our house at a chilly mid-60's which is in fact colder than the temperature setting here at work. I think.  It definitely feels colder but I'm pretty sure the thermostat is set at 72 at work.  Either way I spend a good part of my day (in the winter months that is) freezing my ass off.  Naturally, I would prefer the 'ambient' air to be much more 'ambient'....take me to 78°F and I'm a happy girl.  Of course...that's too hot for almost all of the men around me. 

The other day I was running my space heater because I was just that cold. Even in my sweater.  And 2, count 'em, 2 of my male coworkers complained about it being too hot.  "Man, it's hot in here." ARG.  Maybe it's because I'm sitting at my computer all day and just not really moving around, since technically it is warmer here than it is at home and I don't feel all that cold at home unless I'm sitting in bed before the comforter warms up or the couch watching TV. But still, with it being so cold, and again today, I'm sitting here with my knit sweater and falling asleep.  Going into that hibernation-coma state where if I sit still in my bubble of warmth I will fall asleep, and if I move just slightly out of that bubble, I'm freezing again.

I try not to turn on my space heater, it tends to warm up the whole area back here which is great for me, but then the thermostat sees that it's warmer than it should be and the AC kicks in.  Which means that the air starts blowing at my back, and I'm still cold.

Just. Cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment