Friday, January 21, 2011

Fabulous Friday

21 days into the new year and I've had 4 people at work insist I have lost weight.  Yet I unfortunately have to insist in return that I have not lost a pound and have in fact gained at least 5 lbs since before the holidays...so says the scale at my doctors office.  Although, I must admit I don't put in that much effort in explaining that there is no possible way I have lost weight after eating the way I did for about 2 and a half months.  (My holiday diet starts mid-October when all the candy starts rollin' in and ends mid-January when I finally get a grip on reality)  Anyway, I suppose I will just have to accept these compliments despite the fact they are false.  Thanks for the ego boost.  It makes me feel better about the piece of cake I cut for myself sitting on my desk tempting me with it's chocolatey goodness.

I have noticed no one has asked me what my new years resolution is this year...and good thing because I  have decided NOT to have a new years resolution this year.  Instead I am attempting a series of short burst health goals that hopefully, with any luck, will eventually turn into longer term habitual activities that will benefit me overall.  For instance, I am trying to get myself to drink less soda.  I went almost a whole week drinking water and kool-aid with my meals.  Unfortunately I'm highly addicted to the fizzy syrup drink and have revised this goal to be a little more flexible.  Clear sodas are unlimited, and colas are for special occasions or when I'm at my parents' where there is an abundant supply of Pepsi, even flat my dad will drink a small glass.  I would do the same, but unlike my father unfortunately, my addiction doesn't allow for just one small glass of soda.  I usually need 2 or 3...or 4... oh just give me the whole 2 liter and a pitcher of ice.  Thanks. Lucky I hardly buy soda for myself anymore so at home it's Kool-aid. Yes, its still a highly sugary drink, far from healthy of course but as someone who religiously drank soda...it's a step in the right direction.


Another goal I have recently in the past 2 weeks began is to take my vitamins at/around/after dinnertime at least twice a week until the end of January.  Fortunately, that one is going well so far.  The past 5 days I have taken my vitamins.  Now, if I keep it up, I'm looking to do this until the end of February...and we'll take it from there. 


Well, after a whole week of seeing gray clouds blanketing the skies, I finally get to see the sun.  If I'm inside tucked snuggly in my sweater, heater blasting, I can almost forget that with wind chill the outside temperature is -13°F.  Almost. The moment I get too close to the window as my body yearns to be outside in the sun, I get a stabbing cold reminder of the time of year.  Oh right, that's why there's still icy snow on the ground.  (o.o )...( o.o). Sigh...

Next week my parents are going on vacation to Costa Rica. Lucky ducks.  They're debating the canopy zipline adventures or the jungle walk and whether or not to wear shorts on their ATV adventure...I'm debating which sweater will keep me warmer and whether or not to wear my long underwear.

In a week and a half my hubby goes to Big Sky on a week long snowboarding adventure...  Now, it's not quite my cup of tea to vacation in a place that has more snow than here, I'm still jealous.  It's a week away from responsibility.  He's been counting down the days I'm sure.  I wish I had a vacation to look forward to.  There has been discussion of Mexico in 2012, so if that happens I'll have something to look forward to...except it'd be a year away!  But if that happens...I'll be ecstatic, which, by the way, is way more than excited. 

Well, time to eat that cake that's been staring at me. :-D Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment