Monday, November 15, 2010

Preparations for Santa

It's officially Christmas music time.  Some people don't care for Holiday music before Thanksgiving, but as the weather cools and the leaves are piled up it's hard to forget the holidays are just around the corner.  Personally I include Thanksgiving as part of the holiday season, and I seriously have no problem blaring "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" in the beginning of November.  Usually, the holidays don't have the ability sneak up on me...but this year I'm having a difficult time believing it's already halfway through November.  It's been officially 1 year since we bought our house, and unfortunately not much has changed from just after Christmas...LAST year. I'm hoping to accomplish something before the year is out...maybe?  My motivation is shot since there's hardly an available budget for home upgrades.  Not to mention things keep pushing it back.  Like having one broken television set and one broken washing machine which will either have to be repaired or replaced.  Having to dip into our extra cash to pay for those will not necessarily set us back but it will prevent us from going forward.  Not getting a raise this year has prevented any extra cash flow savings postponing future renovations. 

I started off this morning in a rather bright and cheery mood, not unexpected as I did get ample sleep last night and drove to work absorbed in the joyous Christmas music playing on the radio.  That feeling though has managed to plummet into a blend of restlessness and moodiness.  Though I have been listening to the same, normally cheer inducing, holiday tunes, it's somehow been tainted by the slow taunting creep of a sore throat only indicating yet another viral attack on my body.  So they want to play dirty do they?  Sneaky bastards. So time to wage an all out attack.  OJ, vitamins, sleep, the whole shebang. Hopefully its not that bad, but considering I'm practically falling asleep here at the computer, I'd say the outlook looks shady. 

No comments:

Post a Comment