Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Grumpy Is as Grumpy Does

Sometimes I take a moment to marvel at the evolution of progress, the ingenuity and genius of certain individuals, the speed at which technology has taken such a possessive hold in our lives.  Conversely, I can't help but marvel at the lack of ingenuity in others.  Perhaps this lack is due to too much technology, being so dependent on such, how on earth would people think to use their brains for once? 

I was handed a drawing not 5 mins ago, a drawing that had a map as one of the layers.  I was asked if we could print that drawing without the labels.  Maybe because my head happens to be so congested and I'm feeling very light headed I had to clarify what they were looking for.  The conversation is as follows:
X - Can you print this map for me so I can cut it out?
Me - Sure I can copy it for you, there are parts on there that were scanned in so they aren't in any drawing I can just print off.
X - Oh, no, I don't want the labels.
Me - So...you want just the map part?
X - Yeah, I'm going to cut out the area around Thorton and fax it to Mike.
Me - Ok, I have that somewhere.... (internally: Really? And Google Maps was too hard for you even though you spend most of your day on Facebook?)

Now I know for certain I have participated in my share of dumb moments, having many "duh" moments of my own, but sometimes it's a matter of just stopping and thinking for a minute. 

The timing of this cold is incredibly inconvenient.  I may still be sick by the time Thanksgiving comes around next week, I'll most likely still be sick for opera date night on Saturday...which is one of my favorite Shakespearean plays - A Midsummer Night's Dream...and to top it off, I have PMS.  So not only am I worn down from the internal battle for my body, I'm pissy as well.  Which only makes for a more grumpy me. 

To add to that grumpiness I managed to have another spider dream last night. I HATE spiders.  In which 3 ginormous spiders slunk down from the sky...well, ceiling...surrounding me.  And I mean ginormous, like the size of my fist.  I ran, terrified, only to be laughed at in my dream.  One was wiggled in front of my face before being taken outside, one was promptly disposed of, and the last...well one of my friends in full hockey gear came barging in the room and slid penguin style on his belly, hockey stick out, knocking the spider under the door of the room I was hiding in.  That spider somehow miraculously grew to the size of my head and was holding my leg back trying to bite me.  Oh it makes me shudder just thinking about it. 

Hopefully when I get home tonight the most I'll do is cook myself dinner. Then I fully intend on watching tv til I fall asleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment