Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ode to my Christmas Tree...

(sung to O Tannenbaum)

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree
How deadly are your branches?
You gave me hives, on my forearms
Never mind, your Christmas charms
Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree
How deadly are your branches?
I’ve just imbibed some Benadryl
And that’s not just for some cheap thrill
Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree
How deadly are your branches?
Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree
How deadly are your branches?
We’ll wait and see, what we will do,
But pretty soon, we may be through
Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree
How deadly are your branches?

This year is the first time I've ever gotten a real tree for Christmas.  The husband swears by real trees and since I didn't really care either way I just went with it.   Too bad sometime in the middle of decorating it I noticed I was getting hives on my hands and arms. It is fabulously beautiful though.  A little wide, but fits quite well in the corner where we have it hanging.  




3 comments:

  1. your lil' song just had my BF and I cracking up at the cafe here, well done! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, :-D i have my moments. usually when i'm kind of loopy, which benadryl has that effect on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're lucky, usually that stuff just knocks my ass out cold!

    ReplyDelete