Wednesday, May 23, 2012

turn the page

do you remember those choose your own adventure books? you'd start reading and then there'd be a page where you got to pick what happened next... and then you'd turn to that page and it would continue on with the story.  but you kept your finger on the last page in case you didn't like where the story was going?  it didn't count that way...if you kept your finger there just in case. 

too bad real life doesn't work like that.  i can't stick my finger here in this part of my story to peek at the outcome of my next decision and come back if it's not what i wanted.  i have to accept that the option i choose will be the adventure i created for myself. 

there are no regrets here at this point in the story.  the story is what it is and there's no changing that.  i know i'll look back one day and wonder...what if? i've done that a lot recently but unlike in the past, now i don't dwell on the what if's of my past. it's one thing to think about it...reminisce on the could have moments but its another to let it consume you. 

another chapter in my story has ended and its time to turn the page to begin the next chapter.   this is my story. and truthfully...i wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment