Friday, May 18, 2012

here we go

oh woe, woe is me
need to break free
find my place
find my face
with you or without you
girl gotta do what she gotta do
been dwellin on the what ifs and why
been holdin me back when its time to fly
i'm a phoenix burned to ashes
will i rise again in brilliant flashes
will it be a dull glow
taking time to grow
essence buried under the pile
been hidin there for a while
a light breeze comes through
and away the ashes flew
cold and naked in the dark
find the strength find the spark
i'm still here but i am gone
movie reel spins on and on
cut the image burn the film
enter into another realm


With a heavy heart, the decision I must make now is when. How long can one prolong the inevitable? And will I be able to do this...and not look back and regret it?  I try not to live with regrets, and so far I really don't have any.  But I've never faced a crossroads that truly changes the next destination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment