Monday, August 22, 2011

Walled up.


I took myself away to hide and built a brick wall.  I feel it all around me encasing me, choking me, not letting anyone in.  I'm lying to most everyone, and I'm lying to myself. Too afraid to disappoint everyone.  You live your whole life doing what's expected, what you think other people would want...how can you know what you want when you've never actually sat down and thought about it? How can you find out what you want when your whole being exists to please others, to do what they want, or at lest to do what you think they want, to be living a life that is deemed acceptable or more than expected by those people whom you care about the most?  How do you love yourself when you look into your own heart and find the one person you've disappointed the most is you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment