Friday, August 19, 2011

random thoughts

the day has just begun and yet already a myriad of thoughts have crossed my mind.
starting with first awakening:
1. where is my husband? turns out he never made it home last night. part of me was not surprised.

2. why am i sleeping crooked? this is why...
morning mommy! i get breakfast now?
good morning to you too kona. thanks for taking mommy's leg space.

3. what happened to my alarm? ...somehow i managed to shut it off. luckily i woke up in time anyway.

4. why does my house smell like a skunk dragged itself inside and died?!  no time to figure that one out. i'm hoping by the time i get home this evening there's no more smell.

5. so...many...dirty...dishes...no time. i'll do them later. maybe. if i have time before we leave for the show...unless i decide to take a nap. 

6. checklist. make sure kona poops, check. feed the kona, check. fill water bowl, check. take meds, check. am i missing something? i feel like i'm missing something....ah too late. gotta go. keys keys where are my keys?

7. why does my car sound like an rc car? the goldsmobile has seen better days.  a year and a half ago the transmission had to be rebuilt and its never been the same since.  had it checked out several times since but the transmission shop says it looks good. but i've had this baby for 10 years so i know when she sounds sick. a couple days ago i noticed a strange sound. this morning i just finally equated it to an electric toy car. on my drive to work i noticed its only in the lower gears. i used to make fun of my plastic civic but now it actually does make a "wrrrrrrrr" sound. insert sad face here.

8. (sees a bag of bagels and/or donuts tossed out on the side of the road) who the heck throws donuts away?! (contemplates stopping to pick it up...decides that's probably the grossest thought i've ever had and continues driving) then i realize i've already done something super gross like that...this one time i was waiting for my friends to arrive at the airport for our flight out to the west coast so i stopped to get an ice cream cone.  i was quickly spotted and sought out by an older black gentleman who decided he wanted to chat.  now if you know me, this is part of my black peen magnetism which i don't care for. in my frustration of trying to get out of this conversation i drop my damn ice cream.  but did i pick it up and throw it away? no. i picked it up and ran to the bathroom to 'wash' the ice cream and continued to mow down on it.  THAT will forever be the grossest thing i've ever done. hey, i didn't contract some strange stomach bug so it worked out.  and i've never told anyone that until just now. hm. maybe i should have kept that one to myself...

9. what oh what should i have to eat for breakfast? i had mcd's yesterday today will be dunkin donuts. hm gonna be a long day, maybe i should get coffee. i shouldn't have caffeine though. but i'm gonna need it...maybe a little one. this continues back and forth until i pull up to the drive thru speaker and say "medium hazelnut coffee cream and extra sugar" to the teller. no..i don't have dunkin donuts for breakfast every friday...<shoves last bit of breakfast sandwich into mouth, chews slowly, swallows, sips coffee>

10. turn off the front porch light!!! i knew i was forgetting something...

It's going to be a long day. Let us see how sweet pea handles the morning coffee. I've resisted my morning cup since the day I found out.  When I've had other various coffee drinks (read: starbucks java chip frapp like once a week) he/she seems to do just fine.  Cola however makes for an interesting belly acrobatics plus a crazy sugar rush. Did that once...never again.

Let the weekend commence.

PS if this doesn't make your day better I don't know what will....

No comments:

Post a Comment