Thursday, April 19, 2012

god given body

"it looks good" she said after draining a vial full of blood from the crook of my arm...  and i reluctantly paste an indulgent smile on my face because i know just by the way she held that needle in my arm that she tore the shit out of my vein. knowing it's not really necessary to say anything after the fact and the faint blue and purples i see today are proof that most lab techs don't really know how to draw blood.  at least i know where this blue blemish comes from.  i have older bruises now faded to dark brown and yellow that just appeared one day.  curse the weak walls of my blood vessels and the delicate pale olive skin that the slightest bump makes me look abused a day later.  curse my natural clumsiness and tendencies to walk into walls and door frames.  curses followed by resignation because this is the body i was given to work with and this is the body that protects the fragile soul within.

No comments:

Post a Comment