Monday, November 18, 2013

Looking Glass

Staring through the looking glass
Watching another me
Observing who that person is
Surprised at  what I see
If only I could reach through to her
and whisper in her ear
I'd say, "There's so much more to go
but the ending's drawing near
You're stronger now than you were before
The darkness is but fleeting
You've got a flame inside of you
And it just needs some tending
Knowing where you have to go
The things you have to do
Just follow His voice inside your heart
And it'll help you through
I know it's terribly frightening
to think about what's next
But know that whatever you do
It's probably for the best"
I'd look her in the face and say
"Chin up my dear, I know it's true
I know because that was me
I know because I am you"
I watch her through my looking glass
I smile because I know
She'll make it through the darkest days
Because I'm the proof that shows
Or maybe that's just because
I know the future me
Is looking thru her looking glass
and smiling at what she sees

No comments:

Post a Comment