Tuesday, November 8, 2011

what you don't say


don't you know it hurts me
when i read between the lines
and slowly i come to see
what i never hoped to find
don't you know i sit here in tears
when i think about the end
knowing that all my fears
are just coming 'round the bend
that i just torture myself
imagining what you think
you put me on the shelf
and i teeter on the brink
don't you know you can say
the most hurtful things
and i go out of my way
to clip my own wings
and keep me from the sky
don't you know that's what i want
to spread my arms and fly
but all i do is preen and flaunt
to keep you satisfied
i sit and look pretty
i don't know if you've tried
though it is a pity
i need to let you go
i need to let you grow
you don't know what you need
and i only keep you here
to fill my own greed
to soothe my own fear
but it still hurts me that way
to realize what you don't
the things you don't say
what you do and what you won't

No comments:

Post a Comment