Thursday, November 10, 2011

breathe, just breathe...

private thoughts of private flings
grieve the loss of private things
all alone with no one to turn to
fast forward through time to rise anew

You know you're messed up when your therapist feels the need to bust out the "Are you having scary thoughts about hurting yourself?"  I mean, I know that's a standard question to ask of anyone sitting in that room who clearly isn't in the right state of mind.  But wow...  No, I'm not contemplating on offing myself lady. Trust me. I value life far too much for that. No...I just want to go off the grid. Disappear.  Thankfully it's hibernation season, and I have an excuse for uncharacteristic grumpiness. 

Unfortunately, I'm going to insist on torturing myself with unrealistically romantic girly movies. The best line I can think of is "breathe, just breathe" a la Danielle (Ever After). So, that's all I'll be doing for a while. And indulging in massive quantities of ice cream and chocolate.

Going MIA. </3

1 comment:

  1. :(
    I don't know what is going on, nor is it any of my business, but please know that you are SO not alone in feeling like you just wanna blow this popsicle stand and get the hell off the grid for a while. I've been semi-MIA since late spring... just working, working, and more working... but what I really just needed to do was be sleeping, crying, and then sleeping some more. It totally sucks when your own life won't even give you the chance to just take care of yourself.
    Whatever is going on, I hope it passes as quickly as possible... and that you don't have to feel the need to sweep it under the rug to get by.

    ReplyDelete