Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's been a long day...

This morning coming into work I seriously felt like this:


Not only am I already losing my mind to 'vacation mode', I'm crankier than ever today.  You'd think I'd be ecstatic what with my week already half over, Christmas just days away, and a week long hiatus from work.  But of course not...and what else would make me lethargic and exceptionally irritable on what should be a great week except...well I won't go into details, but this comic pretty much sums it up...


Bahaha. Yeah. Nerd.

One nasty side effect I have is this rampant murderous rage.  Not really conducive for safe, defensive driving at 6am.  Especially considering the heavens opened up and dumped about 3-4" of beautiful, powdery, "how-come-every-year-people-forget-how-to-drive-in-the-snow" snow last night.  I'm driving my POS Civic and you're in a 4x4 Jeep Wrangler with big ol' knobby tires, and yet you're driving in between 2 lanes because why? You don't want to be too close to oncoming traffic in the left lane, or the snow drift pile on the right?  Make up yo' mind fool! I can't blame the dude in the '98 Accord for driving 15 mph under the speed limit, but you, you incompetent fool, are thoroughly in my freaking way.

Slowly though, with the addition of caffeine and Christmas treats, and the news of my Christmas bonus this year being $1500 (woo-freakin-hoo!) I've slowly started to come back to the world.  I'm still cranky, still would rather be hibernating, still mourning the lack of sun on the shortest day of the year, and still want to take out my uterus and leave it hanging somewhere until the wretched thing is done cramping.  Ok, so I went into details. Gruesome?  Not as gruesome as I could get, trust me.

The weather has progressively gotten gloomier over the course of the day.  I officially cannot see the houses across the field...nor the field for that matter. This should make for another interesting drive home.  Good thing this time I no longer have to brave the jungle that is the mall during this holiday season.  Last night after work, after it had started snowing and the roads were getting quite messy, I had to pick up one last gift at the mall.  Let's just say I'm glad I only had one thing to get. 

I'm glad the day is nearly over, I'm starting to get antsy and irritable again. And my calculations aren't coming out right! Argh.

When I get home I'm making this:



Now, if only I had some vanilla ice cream...

No comments:

Post a Comment