Sunday, May 4, 2014

Another one bites the dust

What do you do when you lose your best friend, lose them over and over again? I think I've lost more of my closest friends than I can count. And it makes me afraid to get close to anyone ever again. Just terrified. I keep trying to tell myself that's normal. It's a part of growing up and those people just are there to help you grow and while some will stay in your life, most will not.  Most of mine I can say we just drifted apart. But there are a few that still hurt to think about and every time is think about it, the wound just keeps ripping open.  I know it'll heal. But UGH. I hate this. I want to scream. I hate this!!!  But instead I put on my fake smile and carry on. Instead, I pretend my life is just peachy and I'm happy.  And sometimes I even believe it. Maybe it's even true for a moment. But something is still missing...I guess I'll just hope and wait for that piece to fall into place. And try to feel the light that shines on me every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment